Red Hen does not make a special trip to return to your site to pick pallets up, so the question often arises about how to deal with our custom-made pallets after your sod delivery. Here are a few suggestions for our Retail Customers:
- You might try your hand at “up-cycling” them or reusing them in some home-improvement / garden projects. Pinterest has so many fun, creative ideas you can check out at THIS LINK.
- If you are in the South Bend area, you can contact Michiana Pallet Recycle to make an appointment to drop them by. It is our understanding that Michiana Pallet Recycle may also consider picking up pallets for businesses or in large quantities. Their phone number is 574-232-8566, and they are located at 55022 Pear Rd, South Bend, IN 46628 (GOOGLE MAP LINK).
- If you’re not in the South Bend area, try searching Google for “Pallet recycling near me” and calling around. Even if the first few calls you make don’t pan out, it’s worth asking them if they can refer you to somewhere you can recycle them.
- If your Red Hen pallets are in good, re-usable condition, you can call us at 574-232-6811 and arrange for possibly bringing them to our farm and we will re-purpose them. Only return our pallets, which are custom-made. We cannot accept returns on any other pallets.
- If you are planning to have more sod delivered, and your Red Hen pallets are in good, re-usable condition, here’s another possible option. When you place your next order, be sure to let us know you’d like us to pick them up, and we can usually make arrangements to do so when we deliver your next order of sod. If you are considering this option, please keep the following in mind:
- Please do not send pallets with any loose boards.
- Please have the pallets neatly stacked. The picture below is a great example of how we’d like them stacked.
- Only return our pallets, which are custom-made. Other pallets cannot be picked up.