Updated and Reviewed: 3/1/2021 in response to Indiana Governor Holcomb’s 2/25/21 Executive Order 21-06: FOURTH CONTINUATION OF COUNTY-BASED MEASURES AND RESTRICTIONS BASED ON THE IMPACT AND SPREAD OF THE CORONAVIRUS DISEASE (COVID-19)
Red Hen Turf Farm is currently OPEN FOR BUSINESS, however for everyone’s safety, all Customer / Sales interactions – whether for pickup or delivery – will be handled Curbside / Touch-free whenever possible.
Red Hen Turf Farm extends wishes of wellness to all. We are committed to doing the best we can in providing a safe COVID-19 free environment for all Red Hen employees and for every one of our customers, vendors, and guests.
In making this a safe environment we are following guidelines from the CDC, the St. Joseph County (IN) Health Department, the Indiana State Department of Health, and Indiana State Governor Holcomb’s executive orders / Back on Track Indiana Plan concerning COVID-19.
Throughout these challenging times, we are reminded that landscaping and immersing yourself in outdoor environments offer a safe and healthy connection to nature, and can provide a sense of well-being. Turfgrass not only produces oxygen, but it also filters dust and pollution, and there are many noteworthy environmental benefits of a lawn.
We encourage you to support your local businesses and landscapers and use this time to get outside and enjoy your lawn!
For Customers, Vendors, and Other Guests
- The main doors to Red Hen’s Office / Shop are currently locked, therefore all Customer ORDERS should be placed in advance by phone. We provide curbside pick-up and contactless delivery as a general rule of thumb, and upon request.
- We have designated a specific backdoor office entrance to maintain safer social distancing, and will conduct interactions as much as possible by phone call / text / email / curbside.
- As much as possible, any payments / receipts / paperwork will be delivered and received electronically.
- Masks for employees that DO NOT interact with customers are generally NOT required on the farm property as long as social distancing can be maintained. However, signage will be around the farm reminding everyone of safe social distancing of 6 feet if possible.
- Masks for employees that DO interact with customers are generally required when social distancing CANNOT be maintained. Customers are encouraged to have masks with them in case there is a need to interact with Red Hen Turf Farm employees at times when social distancing of 6 feet is not possible.
- Each day, every employee will be self-screen at home prior to coming to work, with requirement to continue to self-monitor and self-report to management after arriving to work to make sure they not experiencing any of the COVID-19 symptoms or “red flags.” “Red Hen’s Daily Onsite Employee COVID-19 Self-Evaluation Checklist” consists of:
- Taking their temperature. In order to consider reporting to work, the temperature reading must be 100.3 degrees Fahrenheit or below.
- Answering screening questions related to currently known common COVID-19 symptoms, whether they have been in close contact with someone known or suspected to have contracted COVID-19.
- If St. Joseph County, Indiana (where Red Hen is located) is at Color Code Blue with a point score of 0.5 below or Color Code Yellow with a point score of 1.0, then Employees may self-screen by “honor system” without having to turn in or show any proof of completion.
- If St. Joseph County, Indiana Color Code Yellow with a point score of 1.5, or in the Orange or Red Zones, then Employees are required to show proof of completion through use of “Red Hen’s Return to Work & Daily COVID Screening App”.
- Should an employee experience any of the COVID-19 symptoms or “red flags,” then Red Hen’s most current “Return to Work Plan” will be followed, in concert with current guidelines and guidance of CDC, Indiana State Health Department, and St. Joseph County Health Department.
- Every employee will wear a mask or face shield when unable to maintain social distance at least 6 feet when interacting any fellow-employee, customer, vendor, and guest, following CDC’s current definition of “close contact” as, “Someone who was within 6 feet of an infected person for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period.”
- Every employee will practice safe social distancing of 6 feet, as much as they can.
- Every employee handling food and/or money will practice safe social distancing of 6 feet, wear gloves and/or wash / sanitize their hands.
- Hand sanitation supplies will be available for cleaning hands often. Soap and water will be provided — especially for proper hand-washing.
- The cleaning products used at Red Hen Turf Farm are all EPA approved for fighting the spread of COVID-19.