RED HEN FAQ – “Is it TOO LATE to SOD my LAWN in August? in September? in October? in November?”
RED HEN’s RESPONSE:
In our recent blog post about SEEDING your lawn in Northern Indiana, we talked about how August 15 – September 15 is the BEST WINDOW of TIME to PLANT GRASS SEED (CLICK HERE to read more).
Over the past few weeks, and on a related note, one of the most common questions we’re hearing is whether it’s too late to LAY SOD in Northern Indiana.
The short answer is NOPE!
In fact, FALL is the OPTIMUM WINDOW FOR SOD INSTALLATION of cool season grasses like Red Hen’s 100% Kentucky Bluegrass Sod.
A fall installation date will allow adequate time for the roots to develop prior to the next summer. We will be harvesting sod each day that we can (weather-permitting) well into November.
YES, YOU READ THAT CORRECTLY! If you really need to and if the Mother Nature cooperates, it is possible to lay sod in November, although it would probably be better to get it laid by the end of October. Give us a call and we can talk more about the logistics involved.
We sell our sod, seed, fertilizer, mulch, top soil, and MORE direct to the public, to landscapers, to contractors, to businesses … to YOU … Available for pickup at our farm in New Carlisle, Indiana, or for delivery in most cases.
- Not sure if sod or seed is your best bet?
- Not sure how to prepare your site for sod or seed?
- Not sure if you want to install sod yourself or hire someone?
- Need some technical advice on sod, seed, fertilizer, or maybe some problems you’re having with your lawn (even if you didn’t use our sod or seed)?
- Looking for an estimate? (and ready to be surprised by just how reasonably priced Red Hen’s Sod is?)
THEN – Give us a CALL at 574-232-6811. We’re here Monday – Friday, 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM (Eastern Time) and Saturday (from April to late October) 7:30 AM to 11:30 AM (Eastern Time).
Or contact us 24/7 by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Until next time …
Jeremy and the Crew at Red Hen
- Red Hen Turf Farm’s Website – http://redhenturf.com/index.htm